The award is in recognition of continued excellence, and inspiration in teaching and learner support. It is based on skills and practice demonstrated over a period of six years or more that represent a "model of excellence". Particular highlights have been noted as:
- The excellent support Sheila provides for her students
- The innovative assessment methods she has developed
- Her work on information literacy pedagogy, which has influenced teaching and policy internationally
- Her innovative use of technology enhanced learning including including her use blogs for over a decade
- Her pioneering use of virtual worlds
- Her recent contributions to the Faculty MOOC
Many congratulations to Sheila for this very well deserved award!