On 29 January 206 the Council of the European University Association (EUA) approved the “Roadmap on Open Access to Research Publications”. The Roadmap aims to assist universities in the transition to Open Access (OA) and is the first in a series of initiatives that EUA plans to develop to address the implications of Open Science for European universities.
The Roadmap has been drafted in close collaboration with EUA’s
Expert Group on Science 2.0/Open Science, a group of 20 experts from
19 countries designated by their respective national rectors’
conferences (NRCs), including the Information School's Professor Stephen Pinfield.
The Roadmap on Open Access to Research Publications focuses primarily on the following areas:
• Fostering structured dialogue among all stakeholders;
• Promoting and supporting the adoption of OA policies, infrastructures and initiatives by European universities;
• Encouraging the development and establishment of advanced scientific recognition and research assessment systems;
• Addressing intellectual property rights and copyright policies for various outputs;
• Considering alternative and sustainable OA business models;
• Promoting access, use and sharing of research publications and data, including TDM;
• Encouraging, supporting and eventually monitoring the establishment
of comprehensive standards for institutional OA policies concerning
research publications and teaching materials.
To view the “EUA Roadmap on Open Access to Research Publications” please