The rapid development of the economy of China continues to provide UK businesses with great opportunities. Lack of knowledge of Chinese language, Chinese business cultures and the Chinese market can be major concerns for UK businesses.
Can you help?
The GREAT Ambassadors (China) Scheme is a new initiative between the government department, UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) and the University of Sheffield.
It aims to link UK organisations that are seeking to develop business opportunities with China with our students who have knowledge of Chinese language, by providing students with work placements with such companies.
The GREAT Ambassadors (China) Scheme offers excellent opportunities for our Chinese speaking students to acquire knowledge of UK business and improve their employability. It will also help them develop UK contacts for their future careers.
Advantages for you?
- Your knowledge of Chinese language and cultures will help you to compete for placements in a very competitive market.
- The length of the placements will vary from short term (3 months) to one year. This flexibility could help you to find a placement that ties in with the needs of your course.
- You can learn about UK businesses; acquire valuable working experience and employability skills in the UK.
- In the long run, you can develop valuable UK business contacts for your future career.
- When you return home to progress your career or move to China, you will be the Great Ambassadors of UK and will help contribute to the UK-China long lasting business relationship.