There was a strong presence from the Department at the LILAC (information literacy) conference held last week in Cardiff, Wales.
- Sheila Webber led a symposium about Information Literacy in Second Life (together with Vicki Cormie (St Andrews University), Lyn Parker (Sheffield University), Marshall Dozier and Denny Colledge (Edinburgh University).
- Three of the five free student delegate places were taken by students on our MA Librarianship programme: Samantha Abrahams, Susan Clayton and Katie Fraser.
- Sheila Corrall and CILASS’ Pam McKinney ran a session on Exploring Information Literacy through inquiry.
- Sheila Corrall led the judging panel, which also included Sheila Webber, for the CILASS award for the best paper on Inquiry Based Learning.
- George Davies, a student taking the "Information Literacy Research" module collected data for a project, asking delegates "What book, article or web resource do you think has been the most inspirational for your teaching and learning philosophy?"