Skip to main content

Information School Visit to India 5 - 11 June 20156

Dr Jonathan Foster and Teresa Smith of the Information School will be visiting India between 5 and 11 June 2016.

They will visit four cities across India and will be meeting prospective students to discuss the School's range of courses and to allow them to find out why the Information School is the perfect choice for their postgraduate study.

Delhi - 5 to 6 June.
On 6 June there will be an opportunity for prospective students to meet Jonathan and Teresa at Edwise International between 11:00am and 1:00pm and at IPC between 2:00pm and 3:30pm.

Hyderabad - 7 June
Jonathan and Teresa are available to meet prospective students at Edwise International between 11:00am and 1:00pm.

Mumbai - 8 to 9  June
Prospective students will be able to meet Jonathan and Teresa between 11:00am and 1:00pm at Trivedi Educational Consultants  and from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Edwise International.

Chennai - 10 - 11 June
There will be an opportunity for prospective students to discuss the Information School courses with Jonathan and Teresa at Edwise International between 11:00am and 1:00pm and SI-UK between 2:00pm and 3:00pm.

To find out more about their visit or to arrange to meet them during their time in India, please contact Teresa Smith, Marketing and External Relations Officer, by emailing T.J.Smith@sheffield.ac.uk.

Prospective students can find out more information on the range of courses available at the Information School by visiting the Virtual Open Day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Kate Miltner joins UK Young Academy

We are pleased to announce that Dr Kate Miltner has joined the UK Young Academy, an interdisciplinary network of early-career professionals and researchers working together to tackle pressing global and local challenges and promote lasting change. Dr Miltner is among the 42 emerging leaders from across the UK selected as the newest members of the UK Young Academy. The new members come from a wide range of sectors, with backgrounds in political science, engineering, government, communications and the creative and performing industries, and more. As members of the UK Young Academy, they will have the opportunity to take action on both local and global issues. Through interdisciplinary projects and working across sectors, they will bridge gaps, drive innovation, and develop the solutions needed to address critical challenges – all while advancing their professional development and contributing to a global network of Young Academies focused on achieving positive outcomes. "I'm tru...

My Time in Sheffield as a Visiting Researcher - Dr Abdulhalik Pinar

Returning to Sheffield after more than a decade has been a mixture of nostalgia and new opportunities. I first came here in 2011 to complete my MA in Librarianship, and now, I find myself back as a visiting scholar at the Information School. My time as a visiting researcher at the University of Sheffield has been truly rewarding. I am an academic staff at Harran University in Turkey supported for this visit by Tubitak (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey). This visit has been a great opportunity for my academic and professional development. I am conducting research on artificial intelligence within GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums) institutions. I have especially valued the support of my supervisor Dr. Andrew Cox who has guided me through this process. He is an extremely helpful, supportive and understanding person. The University of Sheffield has provided me with an excellent working environment, surrounded by helpful staff and dynamic research...

Will AI replace librarians? LILAC 2024 student blog

A month ago I had the amazing opportunity to attend LILAC 2024 at Leeds Beckett University through a bursary funded by the Information School.  This was my first ever conference, and I was unsure what to expect. I was very excited, quite nervous, and felt a little over my head as a distance learning student who has only been working as a health librarian for just over a year.  But those nerves were definitely unfounded! I had an amazing time and gained so much from listening to and speaking with librarians that boast years of experience across multiple sectors. As expected of a room full of passionate librarians and information researchers, everyone was so friendly and approachable, and any apprehension I had quickly dissolved after the first hour. LILAC emblematised the power of the librarian community. I felt assured in my quest to become a qualified librarian after experiencing how everyone at the conference was so willing to share their experiences and best practic...